BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

I woke up to Starbucks (mi favorita) Cinnamon Dolce Latte, on my night stand! And then when I walked out my door my kids tossed home -made heart shaped confetti in the air and said “Happy Mothers Day Mom!!” I had to pinch myself to make sure I was dreaming, it was too adorable.


Adam made my newest breakfast craving: buttermilk pancakes smothered w butter, piled with strawberries and sprinkled with powdered sugar!! So delish!! He also made fresh whipping cream too, just in case I were to change my mind in regards to toppings. I sat down to eat surrounded by home made mothers day cards, they were completely precious.


I had steak and asparagus (with lots of other nummy veggies too) stir fry for lunch. And a classy spaghetti with meat sauce and French bread (again smothered with butter) dinner. I had a slice of the moistest (I know, I know I dislike the word “moist“ too but hey I tell it like it is), Almond-Clementine cake topped with a thick layer of chocolate for dessert. A cake that is most certainly gluten free, a cake especially made by me -twice because I burnt the 1st one- for my sweet momma who has celiac.
In between all the eating, and eating and eating. I did a scavenger hunt that Aidan designed for me. He cut big hearts out of construction paper and hid them through out the house. I had to find them all, he had a blast watching me look everywhere. Let’s just say 8 years olds are very creative. In the end I took the memory of Aidan’s uncontrollable laughter as a prize, you can bet it’ll be treasured. I also spent some time gardening…in peace.
This Mother’s Day all I asked for was to eat good. I’m no good at cooking, plus I just don’t like it, so to have it off my hands for the entire day was the BIGgest blessing!


Now my belly is swollen, and it’s just sad because I look like I’m 3 months pregnant…though I’m so not pregnant I’m just full. But that’s the theme here: full. My life, my belly. It just is, and in so many ways than those which are obvious, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. It was a happy mother's day.

1 comments:

crystalkupper said...

I dream of the day when my Mother's Day blog post sounds like that....I'd give anything to only get up twice in the night. Only twice. Sounds like a dream at this point.

But yay for you! :-)